Saturday, May 2, 2015

Random Ramblings #3

As much as we want to be connected with others, we have to realize that there will always be a part of us and a part of them that will never connect, that will never interact. We each have our reasons, we each have our own standards. We call them doors that can't be opened, rooms that can't be entered, areas not to be explored. We call them secrets and taboos.
 
I came to understand that we will all love more than one person in our lives. Most of them will be the platonic kind and few will be the romantic kind. Some will even dare say that you will only really love one person. Your one true love. Wouldn't that be nice. But experience thought me that there will be a few "the one" and a lot more people that we will give all the love we have. It's not because we have so much love to give or we think that this person is "the one". We give them all our love because we hope against hope that maybe, just maybe, the person we are loving is the person that will love us back the way we think we deserved to be loved.
 
Ha, love. What a very powerful feeling. But even love is not enough to open all the doors that we have locked away from people. Even love is not enough to give them access to all the off limit areas that we have. Sure, we might unlock some doors, open some areas, and even dig through some old memories we tried to buried a long time ago. But we can never be truly honest, truly open, because we ourselves, can't to ourselves.
 
I wish I knew why. I really wish I knew how. But I don't know the answer. I'm just rambling because I don't want to talk about something I really want to talk about. It's paradoxical oxymoronic comment but I don't know how else to put it. I don't know how else to say it.
 
I do not want to share my problems and angst to anyone because that's my burden to bare and besides, everyone else's carrying their own burdens. Why should I pile on to theirs? I would rather take what they have and help them carry it. Superman complex, that maybe but I guess it's something else for me. There's power in information. Power that I would like to hold someday.
 

And as for the thing that I want to talk about but doesn't want to talk about, here's something that's close to what I have in mind... 
 
"there comes a point when you have to realize that you'll never be good enough for some people. the question is, is that your problem or theirs?"

2 comments:

  1. Same here. I don't believe in "the one" but rather in multiple "the ones". The one who introduced to you the dynamics of a homosexual relationship... The one that got away... The one who broke your heart into a million pieces... The one who made you lose your faith in love... The one who saved you from oblivion... And so much more.

    #HugotMuch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sobrang napangiti ako sa comment mo. #hugot kung #hugot talaga :D

      I too have many "the ones". Here's to hoping you have found yours.

      Delete