Monday, January 20, 2014

A New Hope In A New Home

I tried to write but writing doesn't seem to like me. No matter. I shall plow on and hope that one day, writing will begin to like me...

A new hope. Ah... hope. Yes, that is indeed the operative word for me. Not just because it's 2014 and the year is just beginning. And no, it's not because I was at the precipice of my existence that change suddenly showed his face to me. Nope. I don't think that it's part of any of those things. I hope because I started to believe. I started to believe because I chose to. I decided that I should take charge of my own life and stop risking everything to chance. I'm too old, I'm too tired, and I'm too fucking blind for all that jazz. It's time to face the music and be a man. 

A new home. A place where I could write. Where I could share my inner thoughts and my being. A place were my mind can rest easy because finally, I can let loose all those words and musings that are churning in my tiny brain. No more dead cellulose. There will be more place for new knowledge now that I have a home were I can bring my old thoughts to. Yes, rest.

Today is the day. A great day. A day that will go down in history as boy who pretended to be man finally became a man.


It is a good day indeed.

3 comments:

  1. You ignited my curiosity... *hmmm* Are you new here sa world ng blogging? If yes, then please accept my warm welcome!

    When I began, it also seemed that writing doesn't like me. Pero as I practiced more and more, na-develop na lang siya. Stay positive, Jeki! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sef for the warm welcome and isang malaking "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!" for being the first person to visit my new home.

    Yes, I agree, I should continue to write baka sakali magustuhan nya ako. ;)

    ReplyDelete