Monday, February 3, 2014

A Short Post About Puke And Death

We watched Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones yesterday. It was a so so film. I got bored halfway through it. The other half I spent inside the restroom puking my guts out. It was filmed "documentary" style so the camera wobbles and shakes all the time. It was hard to keep focus on one single point. I do have to give it to the actors. They were all natural, as if they're really just enjoying themselves while the producers and the director robbed the masses of their hard earned cash. Note to self: Never watch a movie trying to milk and already dried up cow.

PA: TMO rating is 1 star.
 


On other news, I was really surprised and disappointed to hear that Phillip Seymour Hoffman passed away. Yeah, it's drug related they say. And yes, we shouldn't celebrate someone who lived off drugs. But he is an actor of a very high caliber. Though I never liked him in most of his film, he is one actor that I know I can banked when it comes to choosing a great script and story. I will miss his acting chops. RIP PSH.

2 comments:

  1. I hate movies that employ that goddamn shaky cam thingy. After 'Cloverfield' made my best friend puke his guts out, I swore not to support such films.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all started with The Blair Witch Project I think. Not sure though. Pero dahil sa grabe ng kinita ng "docu" style film making plus kumita din ang Cloverfield, sobrang nakakita ng cash cow ang mga nagpapaka "indie" tengene leng!

    ReplyDelete