Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Oscar Fever

If it's not yet obvious, I like movies. I can relate, and most of the time, see myself in almost all of the films that interests me. That's why when it's February I get all excited with all the movies that I can get my hands on. Why? Because when award season kicks off in the US, the film companies usually give "Screener" copies of the movie to potential jurors to drum up some votes for the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards. And you know what that means right? Torrent!!! Wohoo! Pirate mode on baby!

As early as the second week of January, I was able to download the movies slated for the Oscar season. I got the Tom Hanks films Saving Mr. Banks and Captain Phillips that got snub by the Academy (boo!). Then there's the front runners Gravity, 12 years a slave, American Hustle, and the dark horse The Dallas Buyers Club. I was also able to score the underrated The Wolf of Wall Street, Her, Philomena, and Nebraska.

With the exception of Gravity that I saw in the big screen, I will be watching all of the said films at the luxury of my own room. I would have preferred to catch them in the cinemas but budgets are tight so I must contend myself with what's available.

Of the motion pictures mentioned above, Gravity, Saving Mr. Banks, and the Wolf of Wall Street are the only movies that I was able to watch as of yet. Office workload is still heavy so I just have to find time during my off days to watch these beauties. I just hope I'll be able to see them before they are screened in our local cinemas.

I'll keep you guys posted on how these films rate soon. Ciao.

2 comments:

  1. Di ko pa na napanood yung Gravity. :(

    And I am excited to see 'The American Hustler' because of J. Lawrence. *hihi*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Astig yung Gravity. Medyo di ako impress dyan sa J.Law na yan. Wa naman kasi akong nakikitang espesyal. Pero syempre sya ang "darling of the press" sa kanila ngayon so let's see na lang muna

    ReplyDelete