Sunday, February 2, 2014

Posteraction #1 - The Box

I've read some posts about relationships and how they are seen through the eyes of a lot of people - both from inside and outside of the relationship. Of course we could benefit from what people has to say about certain things, especially when it comes to our relationships, because of one specific thing... that we are blinded by our emotions. May it be love, hate, anger, happiness, fear, concern, or whatever guise our emotions take. This is the very same reason why the term "Love is Blind" and "Love Makes You Stupid" came from. Because for some reason, we let go of logic and we embrace what is known as "Hope".

I am no expert when it comes to relationships nor do I know more than the next guy about people and their behaviors or how they think and react. I do not hold a degree or a title to call myself a doctor. What I do have though, is experience. And with that let me share with you what I have learned through those years...

First, I want to set the parameter as to what is a real relationship (i.e commitment, partnership) for me. It is where both people invest not just time and money, but also their emotions. Trust, uhm it comes later. So no, it's not part of the initial ingredients for me. And under that same margin, I can say that I've had two relationships. The first one lasted more than three years of us living together. The second one, well, we're still trying to make things work.

Next is to define what is NOT a real relationship for me. Beside missing one of the three ingredients mentioned above, the most important part of the definition is the word "BOTH". Yes, both. you can't call something a relationship when an emotion, or the time, or even the financial matters, are one sided. I call it "Dreams". Because this kind of "relationship" is what we call in Science class as "Parasitism" or in religious terms "Faith". And I am not saying either of them is bad. Whatever suits your coat I always say. All I'm saying is that for me, that is not a real relationship. Trust me, I know, I've been part of it more times that I care to admit.

My History 101. I've had 3 girlfriends. All them when I was a teenager. Yes, something did happen. I even had a scare once because of a delay. But that's a story for another day. Besides them, I've been with more people that my digits can count. I think I stopped counting when they reached 90. Yeah, I know, I'm such a slut blah blah blah. Back to my story. Of all those people that I've "been" with, I fell in love, played, fucked around, got hurt, hurt others back, fuck around some more, fell head over heels, and of course, fuck around some more. I've been called both a parasite and a sugar daddy. I was tagged both as a player and a husband material. None of them matter of course because in the end, it all comes down to the word "BOTH". If it's just one way, then it will just burn away and die. Me, I tried and failed more times that I could remember. I've been scarred beyond recognition. Hurt to the point of numbness. And yet, here I am again, inside another tumultuous relationship, fighting to keep the fire going. Yes, I am hoping. 


Alright I have to stop myself. I got carried away and talked about myself instead of the topic. This is a long post so to end it, I'll leave with this personal quote:

"Relationships works not because of magic or love. It works because of our efforts. Hence the word 'works'."

2 comments:

  1. It makes me sad when love becomes complicated. Love should be just that, just love, and nothing else should matter. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopeless romantic ka pala boss sef. I agree with you. love is love and there shouldn't be anything that complicates that.

    ReplyDelete