Monday, September 15, 2014

The FB Conundrum

I like books and movies. They're the absolute two must haves for me. And knowing what other people watch and read says more to me about who that person is compared to say, what they listen to or who their friends are.

I think I've made an impression to the people around me that I'm into this two things. I would also like to think that this fact is known to those who know me.That's why I am now in a spot where I am caught between pride and prejudice for I can't begin to fathom why of all people, was I not tagged to the the "book" and "movie" lists by my friends in FB.

(oh wait, I just figured out why. but more about that later)

I could ask the people why I wasn't tagged. Or better yet, I could just answer it as if I was tagged and tag those people who were feeling "left out" just like me. But of course, I won't do that. Too much pride. Fear of being ridiculed. And it's as if I brandished to the world my own coffin of social awkwardness and pity.

Too much prejudice. The thought of asking these people about the books they posted just to see if they did in fact read it so I can separate the fake from the genuine. Or perhaps, these so called "meme" of a list is nothing but another stunt for people to showcase their lack of respect for their own privacy. Whatever the reason may be and no matter how much I despise them, I still envy them. I still want to be accepted - albeit it's superficial.

And so, after all the long and winded excuse, explanation, extrapolation, and excessive use of words, here is the list that I so long desire to share with the world yet I won't but to leave it confined here, in my own small space in the world wide web.

The rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen films you've seen that will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes.

1. Good Will Hunting
2. Armageddon
3. Mrs. Doubtfire
4. Bata Bata Paano Ka Ginawa
5. Man Of The Year
6. V For Vendetta
7. The Dark Knight
8. The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers
9. Pacific Rim
10. Rurouni Kenshin
11. The Great Dictator
12. Scent of a Woman
13. The American President
14. The Talented Mr. Ripley
15. Pi


There you have it. The list of movies that stayed with me even after watching them. And as to the reason that I figured out why I wasn't tagged by the people who I thought knew that I love movies? Two reasons. First, I haven't made much impact on their lives for them to remember who and what I am. Second, they already knew how pathetic my choices would be compared to theirs.

4 comments:

  1. We should not let Facebook dictate our worth in this world. Self-worth is more important than our interactions within the social media. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it wasn't Facebook that I was feeling grumpy about but I got the idea. Cheers :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarreh nemen... *hahaha*

      Anyway, about your list, favorite ko rin yung 'V For Vendetta', as well as 'The Dark Knight'. These are movies na mahirap makalimutan, and talagang ire-recommend mo sa hindi pa nakakanood.

      Delete
    2. If you haven't seen Good Will Hunting, I suggest you watch it.

      Delete