Tuesday, September 23, 2014

What A Wonderful World

there's been a lot of negativity with me lately. Anger and hate seems to be bubbling up and just waiting to burst...

I see trees of green, red roses to 
I see them bloom for me and you

everywhere I look, corruption, traffic, anger, disappointment... there seems to be no hope for us, for me...

And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

left or right, forward or back, there seems to be no progress, just stagnant and unyielding stubbornness all around...

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night

people look up to the sky, hoping that someone is listening, watching even, that will help them get through the night... hoping that tomorrow will bring a better day, a better plight...

And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

people litter the streets, scavenging for left overs, a way to fill their empty stomach... a kid cowering underneath the underpass to stay dry and warm...

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by

hopelessness abounds, the grief and fear seems to know no end...

I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I love you.

a family of four, living in a wooden cart, trying to fight off the rain with nothing but a used  cardboard box and a broken umbrella... makes you wonder what were the parents thinking bringing children to this world when they themselves have nothing...
I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know


and then you will hear them laugh together... though they have nothing, they have each other... they seem to be... happy...

And I think to myself what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world.

4 comments:

  1. haaay the harsh realities... and that small glimmer of hope. priceless. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly. priceless. that's the word I was looking for earlier :)

      Delete
  2. Life is harsh.. Some of us need to appreciate what we already have than be remorseful for what we have lost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as the saying goes... you don't know what you have until you lost it.

      appreciate and be thankful for the present but never forget what we've lost for that's what we have to give up to get to now :)

      Delete