Saturday, April 4, 2015

Of Clouds, and Dreams, and Everything in Between



clouds over Cebu City, Philippines 031515


When I was a kid I dreamed of travelling far and wide. Not exactly to see the world as it is but to explore the wonders it can provide. I can still remember those days that I get wide eyed whenever I thought I discovered something new, like a new species of mushroom or flies.

Clouds. They drift where the wind blows. Carrying and absorbing moisture over time. Getting heavier and darker with every single drop of water they take with them. And when the weight becomes too heavy, they seem to break and release whatever they've been keeping inside. And then, they drift again, like an endless cycle.

How time flies. It's been more than a decade and I'm still working in the same industry that I thought would only be my stepping stone to achieving my dream of being a professional traveler. Alas, the dream faded and was replaced by jadedness and cynicism. Now, the only time I travel is when I'm online. The only time I discover new things is when I come across a disgruntled customer who seems intent in creating new ways to insult and degrade people.

We are all clouds. Drifting through this world where time and chance blows. Absorbing experiences and challenges as we pass by the ocean called Life. And when it becomes too much, we break down and cry. Showering rain and thunder to those nearby.

It's not all bad. I've met people. People that changed and crafted the person that I would become, and some more. I've known love. A feeling that can't seem to be extinguished by anything, yet can disappear as fast as they come. A force so powerful that when left unchecked, it could wreck havoc, it could destroy, even kill. Yet, when properly nourished, it can bring life and happiness and hope. Yes, hope.

We are all clouds. Sheltering the people we love against the heat of the Sun. Begging time and chance to let us stay in one place at a time so we can be of much use to those who need us. To offer protection and guidance. Or to simply offer a cool shade to those whose underneath us.

And so I hoped. Hoped against hope. That soon, we will no longer need to contend ourselves with exploring each other's personality as if it's new found land. Or with discovering each other likes and dislikes as if learning of another world's culture. Because in due time, together we will explore the world. Together, we will discover the intricacies of societies, both forgotten and new. Yes, together.

We are all clouds.

8 comments:

  1. Sagada. Let's go to Sagada. You and Me. Yes! we're both strangers to each other but that's exactly the point right? :p

    Together we will discover the wonders of nature in Sagada. Yes! Togther

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very interesting proposition. I'm interested.

    You do know that I have a partner right? If so and you're still up for it, let me know what you have in mind :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no sorry I didn't know. Sent you an email and a hangout message

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got the email but I haven't read it yet. Nasa opisina pa ang lolo mo. I'll reply a little bit later.

      Delete
  4. Awh ;) Baka may "That Thing Called Tadhana" experience ka soon ;) :) Looking forward to read more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taken na friend kaya wala kaya hindi na ako naghahanap ng "...Tadhana" experience LOL

      I was surprised sa nangyari sa inyo ni Cheng. I'm still back reading your blog. post ka pa more :D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. You're welcome Kiddo. Thanks din for the inspiration.

      Delete