Thursday, June 18, 2015

Of Crossroads And Other Paths

"...Now I have come to the crossroads in my life. I always knew what the right path was. Without exception, I knew. But I never took it. You know why? It was too damn hard..."
- Lt. Col. Frank Slade, Scent of A Woman
 
 
I've been going through a lot lately. Don't ask me what about because I myself doesn't know what or why. All I know is that lately, I'm always tired, drained of energy, and some days, downright depressed. I've lost my appetite for both food and life. All I want to do is to lock myself in my room, day and night, waste away playing online games, until the day I die.
 
I've lost my motivation, my push, my will to live.
 
I'm merely existing. Almost flitting.
 
It could be depression. I don't know and I don't care. I just thought writing it here could somehow help. Or maybe this is just a call for attention that I think I deserve. Maybe.
 
I've been doing some thinking lately. Which is bad considering that I overthink everything. I oftentimes allow my mind to wander way far ahead. That's why I stopped thinking about many things for a long time. But having all this time that I have now that I have locked myself away from everyone, I can't help but think.
 
For the good part, I wanted to reinvent this blog. I have an idea of making it more light and fun. Though it will run contrary to what I feel usually, at least it won't be so heavy. I will try to inject humor to the tragedy that I will share. Again, someone that is not me. But it would be redundant if I write as who I really am in real life, someone who is boring, heavy to be with, full of drama individual. What's the use of having an online persona right? It's just it won't be me. It won't be me.
 
For the bad part, I've been thinking of breaking up with the love of my life, my current partner, my boyfriend, my one. I love him so much and it pains me to see him suffering because of me. Would he be hurt if I leave him, yes, he will be. At least I hope he will be. And then he'll move on. Compare that to being stuck with me through all this years, sucking up all his positive vibes and replacing it with my negative aura. Imagine living with a dementor as your partner. You'll be insane as all the prisoners in Azkaban. I don't want him to be insane. I want him to be happy. And I don't think I can do that anymore.
 
I'm on a crossroad of some sort. I know what path I must take. Will I take it? I don't know.  It seems to be too damn hard.

4 comments:

  1. Parehas tayo, I also tend to overthink things. Ganyan rin akong mag-isip actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nakakatawa lang minsan pero minsan, hindi na din healthy.

      Delete
    2. So you know na hindi na rin healthy, then you also know na you are being too hard on yourself Jeki.

      About the thing with your partner. Hindi ba unfair kung iiwan mo siya dahil ayaw mo siyang mahirapan sa pakikipag-relasyon sayo? Hindi ba siya dapat ang mag-decide para sa sarili niya kung kaya pa niya o hindi na? The fact na hindi ka niya iniiwan even though he's suffering then it means na gusto pa niya na ikaw ang mahalin niya. Ika nga, anyone else we choose can hurt us if we let them, so we just have to find someone worth suffering for. Maybe yun ikaw sa kanya; he's suffering because of you, but he doesn't mind because you're worth it naman.

      Or maybe I'm wrong. What do I know right? lol

      Delete
    3. I know that it's not healthy kaya I stop/avoid thinking. Medyo di pa ako agree na I'm being too hard on myself :D

      About that thing with my partner, I also thought of the same sentiment na sinabi mo. Actually, exactly what I had in mind while writing that bit. Pero I also thought na hindi ko naman alam ang iniisip nya kaya hindi ko na lang sinulat. You have a point, they have a point, I have a point. Lahat tayo may point. Minsan nga lang, nakakadisap-point. LOL. korny ko.

      You're not wrong. But we are who we are. A big H. :D

      Delete